The Council has a dedicated team that deals with Equality and Diversity. The team deal with corporate policies and strategies such as the Equal Opportunities Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, and the Strategic Equality Plan and work with both internal and external partners to deliver the Council's commitment to achieving equality for all.
The team's aims are:
- To promote equality of opportunity for everyone working and living in Rhondda Cynon Taf
- To ensure that employees and local residents are not discriminated against, but are treated fairly and with respect
- To recognise and value people’s differences and acknowledge that everyone has a unique contribution to make to Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- To tackle discrimination in the workplace and in service delivery
- To raise awareness and understanding of equality issues among staff
- To ensure that recruitment processes are fair, equal and non-discriminatory
- To improve access to advice and information in local communities and ensure our services are accessible to all
- To address inequality and disadvantage in local communities by developing innovative projects to promote and sustain change
The team work with both internal and external partners to deliver these aims both in terms of employment and service delivery.
Equality and Diversity Mission Statement
“To eliminate discrimination and achieve equality in the workplace and in service delivery”
If you are interested to hear more about the work we do please contact the Equality and Diversity team.
Telephone: 01443 444531