What happens next?
Within 4 weeks of signing up you will receive a set of purple nappy recycling bags. You will also receive information on how the scheme works and confirmation of your collection day. Your collection day may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
How to recycle your nappies?
Simply pop each used/soiled nappy into the purple bag. On your allocated collection day, put your tied bag(s) at your usual bin collection point for collection.
Please note the following:
- Nappies cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must join the scheme for collections to begin
- If your bag(s) have not been collected it is likely that you are not registered for the scheme and you will need to sign up for nappy recycling.
- Current collection days are subject to change as the scheme increases – you will be notified of any changes to your collection day
- Please do not overfill your purple bags, two bags may be used, if required
- Please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection.
- Nappies, wet wipes and nappy bags only can be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected
- If your bag(s) are not out for collection for more than 3 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service.
- Please take your nappy recycling bags with you if you are moving and notify us of your change of address.
- Please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection
- Please ensure your purple bag(s) are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection
- Addresses will be removed from the scheme after 3 years. Customers will have to re-register after 3 years to remain on the scheme.