Needs assessment by Social Services

If you or someone you care for thinks they need help from Social Services, you have a right to ask us to make an assessment of your care needs. 

Assessments are carried out by social workers or community care workers and help us to:

  • understand the problems you are facing
  • confirm that you are eligible to receive our support
  • plan, with you, how best to help you to overcome the difficulties you are experiencing

People caring for a disabled relative or friend on a 'regular and substantial' basis also have the right to ask for an assessment for themselves.  They should contact us in the same way.

For full information about this service please see our Needs Assessmentfact sheet under ‘Related Documents’ on the right hand side of this page.

Contact Us

If you think you or someone you care for needs help, contact our First Response Team.  If you prefer, a friend, relative, neighbour or professional person, for example a doctor or nurse, can contact us on your behalf.
Telephone: 01443 425003

Emergency Out of Office Service provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends.
Telephone: 01443 743665