How to get involved in nappy recycling
Nappy recycling is a FREE weekly recycling scheme offered to residents of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
What happens next?
Within 4 weeks of signing up you will receive a starter pack which includes a nappy caddy and a set of purple nappy recycling bags. You will also receive information on how to use the scheme and confirmation of your collection day (which may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day).
How to recycle your nappies?
Simply pop each used/soiled nappy into the supplied purple bag and place this into your nappy bin.
Then, on your allocated collection day *, put your nappy bin or tied bag(s) at your usual bin collection point for collection.
* Collection days will be specified in the information leaflet you receive when you sign up and may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
Please note the following:
- nappies cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must sign up to the scheme for a collection
- if your nappy bin has not been collected it is likely that you are not fully registered for the scheme and you will need to contact us as per above
- current nappy collection days are subject to change as the scheme increases – you will be notified of any changes to your collection day
- please do not overfill your purple bags, two bags may be used, if required
- please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection - you may put your purple bags out for collection, they do not need to be inside you nappy bin for collection
- nappies and nappy bags only can be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected
- if your bag/bin is not out for collection for more than 4 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service. We will put a note through your door and we will then arrange for the bin to be collected next collection. Please take your bin and bags with you, if you are moving out
- please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection
- please ensure your bin/purple bag(s) are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection
Need more bags?
Registered customers can obtain more purple bags in the following ways:
- Leave a ‘more bags please’ sticker visible on one of your purple bags
- Contact us on email@example.com
- Call us on 01443 425001
Inform us of a change of address
Let us know if you have moved to new property within Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Please try and inform us at least 1 week before you move. We will inform you of your new collection date and the collection crews will visit your new property during your next collection. Please take your bin and bags with you.
How do you leave the nappy scheme?
Let us know if you would like to leave the nappy collection scheme.
After you have informed us, please leave your bin out for us to collect on your normal nappy collection day.
If your nappy waste has not been collected by 3pm on the day of scheduled collection you can report this online
You will then be contacted to advise why your collection was not made.
Requesting a replacement caddy
If your nappy caddy is damaged, lost or stolen you can request a replacement by calling 01443 425001 or e-mailing customerservices
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.