Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC has been awarded funding by the Welsh Government to operate a Small Capital Grants Scheme to support childcare settings to deliver the Childcare Offer.
Grant applications are invited from childminders and childcare settings wishing to undertake essential capital works or purchase capital equipment to enable them to:
- increase the number of Childcare Offer places they are able to offer;
- improve the quality of the facilities they offer to children in receipt of the Childcare Offer.
In order to be eligible to apply, settings must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in RCT
- Be registered with CIW (or be in the process of registering)
- Be registered with the Council to deliver the Childcare Offer (or be in the process of registering)
- Be committed to delivering the Childcare Offer for at least 5 years
- If the property is rented or leased, have at least 5 years left on the current agreement and have the landlord’s written permission for works to be undertaken
Further information, including a guidance document and application form can be found at the links below:
Application forms, along with all required supporting evidence, must be submitted via email to: RCTChildcareGrants@rctcbc.gov.uk.
Please note: Handwritten applications, or photographs of completed applications, will not be accepted.
All applications will be assessed consistently against the stated eligibility criteria and funding priorities to ensure that the limited funding available is allocated to those applications that will have the most positive impact on delivery of the Childcare Offer.
The deadline for applications is Friday 5th November 2021.
Applications submitted in Welsh will be treated no less favourably that applications submitted in English.