- Have you finished in education and are now starting to ask yourself what to do next...perhaps get a job or an apprenticeship?
- Do you need a CV, want to learn new skills relevant to the job you want or gain more work experience?
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, then the Care2Work programme may be what you are looking for!
The Care2Work Programme
The Care2Work programme offers tailored support and encouragement for young people in care aged 16 – 25 years old to enter education, employment, or training.
With the Care2Work programme, you can access a range of training or employment opportunities tailored to meet your needs. They can support you with:
- Specific training courses
- Work experience placements in the area of work you are interested in
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employability courses
- Career pathway planning
- CV writing
- Interview techniques and mock interviews
- Employer and Training Provider talks
- Confidence building
Care2Work Job Club
The Care2Work programme run a job club every Wednesday, 1 – 5pm at Barnados, Pontypridd where you can find out more information on the different services available.
Care2Work also run a 6 week employability course throughout the summer. Participants are expected to attend 3 times a week and you will receive £10 a day for every session you attend. The course offers a range of practical activities such as;
- Generic training courses (e.g. first aid, manual handling, food hygiene)
- Team building days
- Visits to colleges
- Employer talks
- Interview preparation and mock interviews with local employers
- Talks on training opportunities with different providers (Princes Trust, Careers Wales)
- CV and application writing workshops
- Support with job searches
Referrals can be made by yourself, the aftercare team, your social worker or your residential home/foster placement.
For more information on the Care2Work programme, please contact Emma Brabon, Care2Work Co-ordinator on 01443 424097 or drop in to the job club every Wednesday to speak to an advisor.
“The Care2Work programme gave me the skills and experience that I needed to find work. It taught me things like interview skills and first aid, which are all transferable skills.”
“It’s very enjoyable and worth going to. You learn a lot and gain qualifications to help gain employment.”
“It was the best training I have ever attended”
“I would say that it was great as I had fun whilst learning and it’s a good way to socialise and meet new people”