If you are aged 60 or over and can travel by bus without needing someone else’s help, you will be eligible for a bus pass.
You will need to provide sufficient evidence that you are aged 60 or over and a principal or primary resident within the Rhondda Cynon Taf area.
You can make an application up to one calendar month before reaching your 60th birthday. We will aim to send your bus pass to your home address by the time of your birthday.
How to apply
You can download and print an Older Persons Bus Pass Application Form (pdf) ,alternatively you can collect an application form from your local Post Office or contact the council either on 01443 425001 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and request a form to be sent to your address.
Once the application form has been completed you can apply in person by booking an appointment with an advisor at one of the Council's One4aLL Centres online using the link below.
Book a One4All appointment online
Alternatively you can book an appointment by telephone on 01443 425005.
Evidence required for your application
You will need to provide the following evidence at your appointment;
Proof of Age
- Proof of your date of birth. You will need to provide any one of the following documents (Birth Certificate, current Passport or current Driving Licence).
Proof of Address
- Proof of your address for example, current Council Tax Bill (this financial year), Utility Bill (last quarter), current Driving Licence, evidence of Rent Payments (RCT Homes and Housing Association) or recent Correspondence from Department of Work and Pensions or Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
National Insurance Number
- Details of your National Insurance Number.
Passport approved Colour Photograph
- One passport approved colour photograph. If you are making your application at one of the Council’s One4aLL Centres, you do not need to provide a photograph as it can be taken for you. This is subject to the camera equipment being in working order at the time of your application.
However, if you are providing a photograph with your Bus Pass Application Form please ensure it meets the following criteria:
- A recent colour photograph which is a true likeness of yourself,
- Taken against a light grey, cream or white background,
- You must be facing forward and looking straight at the camera,
- The photograph must show your full face,
- The photo must be in sharp focus with a strong definition between face and background,
- Where possible it is preferable to remove glasses. However if they must be worn for medical reasons they should not cover the eye, should be free from reflection or glare and must not be tinted.
Please note: If you apply in person at either the Pontypridd or Aberdare One4aLL Centres, staff will be able to issue your new bus pass during your visit. This is subject to the equipment being in working order at the time of your application.
If you apply at one of the other One4aLL Centres, your bus pass will be sent to your home address within 7 days of your application. If you apply at a Post Office your bus pass will be sent to your home address within 21 days of your application.
For enquiries about late delivery, contact 01443 425001 or email: email@example.com
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.