What is Sport RCT Club Accreditation?
Sport RCT Club Accreditation Scheme allows us to not only support clubs and organisations to become stronger and offer more opportunities but also helps communities to identify which clubs offer the best environment and experiences to take part in sport and physical activity across Rhondda Cynon Taf. We work with accredited clubs to ensure they operate to a set of agreed minimum standards and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for its members.
For a list of accredited sports clubs, click here.
Criteria to become a Sport RCT Accredited Club
In order to become an Accredited Club you must meet the following criteria.
- Club Constitution
- Club structure and committee
- Club bank account
- Safeguarding policy and Child protection officer
- NGB affiliation
- Appropriate Insurance
- Qualified coaches/instructors
- Coaches/instructors are first aid trained and DBS checked
In areas you are unsure or missing documentation our officers can support you.
Why sign up?
As well as being recognised as a Sport RCT Accredited club you will receive support and guidance from our officers, including:
- Support to increase club membership
- Support with grants and funding
- Support with club development and governance
- Support with volunteer recruitment
- Support to develop school-club links
- Sport RCT workshops and courses
- Offer of student placements
- Marketing materials and promotion on social media
- Access to prize draws
- Projects celebrated via case studies
Sign up to the Sport RCT Club Accreditation
Complete a project support request form
Complete a project completion form