If you have discovered waste which has been illegally dumped you can report this online.
You will be asked to give the location of the waste and a description of the type of waste which has been dumped. The fly-tipping will be cleared within 5 working days.
If you witnessed the waste being dumped you can provide details of
- when this took place
- vehicle details and registration number
- description of the offender
You can choose to remain anonymous or to be available to give a statement if the offender is prosecuted. None of your personal details will be given to the offender.
How does the Council deal with fly-tipping?
We have a rapid response team to remove fly-tipping but we also look to prosecute anyone caught fly-tipping waste.
We provide a special refuse collection for large items so there should be no need for anyone to dump waste. For information on our collection service for large items at Household waste - special collections for large items.
What should I do if I discover waste that has been fly-tipped?
- Do not touch the waste. Fly-tipped waste can be dangerous and may contain sharp objects or chemicals
- Visually inspect the waste and estimate the quantity and type of material
- Take note of its exact location including whether it is in or near water
- Do not disturb the site, there may be evidence that could identify the culprits and lead to their prosecution
The Service Director for Streetcare
Rhondda Cynon Taf Streetcare Services,
Unit B23, Treforest Industrial Estate
Tel: 01443 425001
Fax: 01443 844310
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.