Our streetcare team regularly mechanically sweep on all of our adopted roads and manually sweep litter and rubbish from pavements, grass verges and gutters.
If you discover a street cleaning problem you can report this to us for our attention.
Report a street cleaning problem online
Street cleaning programme
As part of the Council's cleaning programme we:
- continuously clean town centres
- clean main roads once a week
- clean other roads once a month
- clean road signs and street furniture
- clean local bus shelters
- clean war memorials and monuments
- remove accumulations of rubbish from Council land
- provide litter bins and empty them before they become full
- help with your locally organised clean-ups
- remove chewing gum from town centre pavements
- keep seating areas clean and tidy
- clear major leaf falls from roads (in autumn)
- collect discarded syringes and sharps
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.