Council Tax Bands

Each dwelling is billed for Council Tax, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, caravan or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Each property is allocated to one of nine vaulation bands by the Valuation Office Agency (part of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) according to its market value on 1st April 2003. The band of your property is shown on your bill. Properties in band D will pay the basic charge and properties in other bands will be charged proportionately. The bands are shown below:

Council Tax Bands
Council Tax BandsHouse Values
A up to £44,000
B over £44,001 and up to £65,000
C over £65,001 and up to £91,000
D over £91,001 and up to £123,000
E over £123,001 and up to £162,000
F over £162,001 and up to £223,000
G over £223,001 and up to £324,000
H over £324,001 and up to £424,000
I over £424,001

If you wish to appeal against the Valuation Band of your property then you must contact the Valuation Office Agency who will determine whether the appeal to alter the valuation band is appropriate. You can contact the Valuation Office Agency by:    

03000 505505
In writing: Tŷ Glyder,
339 High Street,
LL57 1EP

Contact Us

Telephone: 01443 425002
Fax: 01443 680505
Minicom: 01443 680708