Current claim - Housing benefit

View your housing benefits online|If you currently receive Housing Benefit and there is a change in any of your personal circumstances, you must let us know as soon as possible.

Moving Address

If you receive Housing and/or Council Tax Benefit and you move address, then you should complete a   change of address claim form|.

If you have had other changes in your circumstances since last time you claimed then a new claim form| should be completed.

Income support/Job Seekers Allowance has stopped

If Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based) or Income Support has ceased then a new claim form should be completed and returned as soon as possible.

You should also provide proof of your new income and any savings you may have.

What happens if there are changes in my income or savings?

If your savings and/or income has changed (not Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance) you should contact us, notify us either in writing, directly or via email|. We will require you to provide original proof.

What happens if there is a change in my rent?

If private rent charges change then you should confirm the rent changes in writing. Proof of the new rent level will be required.

What happens if there are changes to the people living with me?

If you or your partner leave the household, then a new form should be completed by the person remaining in the home. It will be likely that your income will have changed and details and proof will be required.

If a non-dependant or a dependant leave the household, you need to contact us to let us know what date they left and their forwarding address.

This is also the case if a boarder, tenant, sub-tenant or carer leave.

The service may not be able to remove someone from an address without details of their forwarding address and if you are unable to provide a forwarding address you will have to provide an explanation.

We need to be informed of all changes in your circumstances as soon as possible. If you delay, you may lose benefit.

Contact Information

 Telephone: 01443 425002
Fax: 01443 680661
Minicom: 01443 680 708



Housing Benefits
Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Bronwydd House
CF39 9DL

 Or one of our One 4 All Centres|