The Music Service seeks to enhance the musical experiences available to pupils through instrumental and vocal tuition. As well as delivering whole class music teaching. The Music Service also delivers a range of projects and workshops in schools, sometimes in partnership with other organisations.
As well as focusing on the individual, instrumental tuition provides the opportunity of a wider musical experience through participation ensembles, bands, orchestras and choirs.
The Instrumental Service offers tuition in:
The service offers individual or group tuition to both primary and secondary schools as well as curriculum teaching and workshops in Infants schools.
What the service does
- raise the musical attainment of pupils.
- support pupils in acquiring skills, which will allow them to enjoy and become actively involved in a wide range of musical experiences contributing to the musical life of the school or community.
- promote pupil's understanding of music in the everyday life of their own and other cultures.
- enable pupils to realise their musical potential through the playing of a musical instrument or singing.
- encourage self-confidence and develop a sense of personal achievement and self-expression in pupils.
Education and Lifelong Learning
Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Telephone: (01443) 744017
Fax: (01443) 744023