Older people - support and advice

We work on behalf of older people who are finding they need extra support to continue to live independently.  We will work to empower and protect frail, older people and support the people who care for them.

We may be able to provide or arrange services to help you overcome difficulties you may be experiencing.

If you are a frail, older person, we may be able to help you to:

  • Live a satisfying and independent life in your own home
  • Feel confident enough to make your own decisions about what is best for you
  • Find more suitable accommodation if living at home is no longer possible and
  • Provide support for the person or people who are caring for you

For more information please see our Services for Older People fact sheet under ‘Related Documents’ on the right hand side of this page.

For other help, we publish an A-Z Guide which lists a variety of council, private and voluntary sector services in Rhondda Cynon Taf.  You can download a copy of the publication on the right, or order a copy by telephoning 01443 484020.

Contacting us

If you, or the person you care for needs help from Social Services, contact our First Response Team. 
Telephone: 01443 425003. 

Our Carers Support Project works to support people caring for others.
Telephone: Freephone 0808 100 1801

Our Emergency Out of Hours Service provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends.
Telephone: 01443 743665