Housing Register

The Allocation Scheme and Common Housing Register

Housing Associations provide accommodation for a lower rent than private landlords. If you cannot afford to either purchase your own home or to rent privately, a housing association may be able to assist.

Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council and its housing partners - Cynon Taf Community Housing Group, Hafod, Newydd, RCT Homes, Rhondda and Wales & West Housing Associations have introduced a new way of allocating their properties from 1st October 2012.

From October, your application will be placed into a Band based on your housing need, rather than being assessed under the current points based system.

Your application will be awarded a Band and will be placed into the relevant Band in date order, this means that no-one should jump above you within the Band and your position on the waiting list should not change.

Properties will be allocated to the applicant at the top of the Band who has been waiting the longest. By changing the system we aim to make the way that we assess your application more transparent, easier to understand and fairer.

If you don’t have access to your own computer to register your on-line application a member of staff from the Housing Solutions Team can help you, for assistance please telephone 01443 485515 and a trained member of staff will complete the application with you over the telephone. Alternatively you can access a computer at your local library (you may need to make an appointment at busy times).