Telephone (01443) 773204/ 773592
Fax (01443) 777047
View Treorchy Library on a map
Use this page to find everything you want to know about library services in Treorchy. We think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the range of services we offer. Our friendly staff are always willing to help so why not pop in and consider joining.
|Day Of Week||Time|
||9:00 am to 6:00 pm
||9:00 am to 7:00 pm
||9:00 am to 6:00 pm
||9:00 am to 6:00pm
||9.00 am to 5:00 pm
||9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Treorchy Library Events
- Local History Class- Monday 9.30-12.30. Ring 01443 744274 for details.
- Free basic Computer Classes with Simon: Tuesday 7th October onwards tel. 01495 369869 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italian: (beginners): Wednesdays - 11-1.30. p.m. Tel. 01443744274
- Spanish (beginners). Wednesday- 2.00- 4.30.p.m Tel. 01443744274
- Family History for beginners: Thursday, 10-12 a.m. (Commencing 8th January, 2015). Contact: Julie Daniel: Tel-07817273544 Email: email@example.com
- Welsh Reading Group: Every second Tuesday of the month. Just Turn Up!
- English Reading Group: First Tuesday of the month. Just Turn Up!
- Interlink – Wednesday, 9am-12.00pm with Thomas - (Phone 01443 486200 for appointment).
- Toddlers Group & Story time - 10.30 am -11.30am. Stories, singing & crafts for little people!
- Tax Help for Older People- Tuesday, 18th December. Tel. 0845 6013321 or 01308 488066 for an appointment.
- Citizens Advice Bureau – Debt & Benefit Advice Surgery –
- Every Thursday. 10.00am-1.00pm. Appointments only.
- Please ring 01443 409284. (Pontypridd main office).
- Computer help with Ryan from ‘Get it together’ Every Thursday – 1.15pm – 3.15pm. Tel. +44 (0)7788395934. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treorchy Eteens Library
- Please ring Lindsey on 01443 778958 for details of events.
- Homework Club – 3.10.pm to closing every school day. Computer access, homework help, printing.
- Eteens Job Club- Every Friday, 10.00am – 1.00pm.
- Chatterbooks Teens reading group Monday 15th December
- Film night- Tuesday Evenings - 4.30-6.30.
- Snap Cymru’ Information sessions for parents, addressing any issues that children may be having at school. 3rd Thursday of every month,-10.00a.m -12.30pm.
- Wheelchair access
- Black and white/colour printer
- Laminating service
- 12 x Public access PCs
- Internet access
- Wifi hotspot
- Online catalogue
- Microsoft Office software (word processing, spreadsheets etc)
- Downloading to CD or memory stick (CDs and memory sticks can be purchased at the library)
- Microfilm/microfiche reader
- ICT classes
- Music collection
- DVD collection
- Digital Audio Book collection
- Dedicated Teenage Library
- Reading Groups (Welsh, English and Teenage)
- Community Meeting room: Available for use by Community Groups, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council, Non Profit/Commercial organisations. Groups are encouraged to use the meeting room for cultural, educational and recreational purposes. No group may use the meeting room in a way that may disrupt the day-to-day running of the library, and the Library Service reserves the right to refuse use of the room to any group not fulfilling the Conditions of Use. Use is free of charge to Community Groups, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council bookings and Non Profit organisations. Commercial organisations can hire the room at reasonable rates. Charges at the same rates as those charged for room hire will also be made for any Commercial use of Library facilities or resources, for example activities requiring the block booking of public access PC’s.For further information or to reserve the room please contact the library by telephone, e-mail or in person. Current charges for room hire can be found here: http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/en/leisurelibrariesculture/libraries/librariesfeescharges/libraries-feesandcharges.aspx
Treorchy Library has a separate reference and local studies library. Its collection covers the Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough with special emphasis being placed upon the Rhondda Valleys. The collection contains books, newspapers, periodicals, maps, plans, directories, illustrations and ephemera. Census returns and Electoral Registers are amongst the many records available for people researching their family history.
More information on our local and family history services can be found here.
For reference inquiries, e-mail: Gillian.Thomas@rhondda-cynon-taf.gov.uk
We also provide an online form to submit queries to the three main Reference libraries.
Date of Opening 1 December 1971
Total Floor Area: 989 sq.m.
Public Area: 558.1 sq.m.
Ward/Catchment Area Population: 10,633