Ynysangharad Park is a public park laid out in the 1920s in the Edwardian style. It was opened by Field Marshal Viscount Allenby as a war memorial park on August 6, 1923.
The park was laid out on a triangular area of land between Ynysangharad House and the Brown Lennox Chain and Anchor works and was made up of fields, allotment gardens and an orchard.
In 1893, a huge pavilion was erected on the site for the National Eisteddfod that year. And in 1919, thirty-three acres of the site was bought 'for providing enjoyment and pleasure for its inhabitants'. The original ideas for the layout of the park was for a formal design of tree-lined walks around various sports facilities, but when it was laid out a less formal approach was used with the major sporting facilities located at the southern end of the park.