Lighting - Street Lights

The Council is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of streetlights and Illuminated traffic signs.

How do I report a problem?

To report problems with street lights, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings or illuminated bollards or to complain about the location of, please call our 24 hour contact centre on 01443 425001. If you are reporting problems with temporary traffic lights, please provide relevant contact details where possible.

In an emergency or out of hours situation please contact our 24 hour call centre on 01443 425011.

The street light outside my house is out/is faulty

Please call our contact centre on 01443 425001 to let us know - the more information you can give us the better (i.e. light out altogether, going on/off, burning all day, intermittent etc.), include the number of the column - if you cannot see this then please state the exact location or adjacent house no.

How long will it take to repair?

Usually, outages are repaired within five working days. If there is a problem on the electricity cable feeding the column, notification is sent to the Utility who usually attend within eight working days of receiving report.

The metal plate at the base of the lamp column has been removed and wires exposed, how soon will you attend?

We will attend within two hours.

The lamp column outside my house is leaning or damaged.

An inspector will come out to assess the damage and then determine how urgent the job is.

Can the lighting in my street be improved?

All changes including improvement requests will be considered by the Authority and prioritised accordingly.

We take into account age and condition of the existing installation along with the light output. However, all considerations are budget led. Please contact us for more information using the details above.

Contact Information

Telephone: 01443 425001
Email: |