We operate an extensive collection service for normal commercial waste and if you sign up to our service we will collect waste from your premises each week. You do not have to use our service but have the option to use any reputable waste collection contractor.

How do I join the commercial waste scheme?

To join our commercial waste collection scheme please contact us:

The Service Director for Streetcare

Rhondda Cynon Taf Streetcare Services,

Ty Glantaf

Unit B23, Treforest Industrial Estate
CF37 5TT

Tel: 01443 425001
Fax: 01443 827730

Please supply the following information:

  • your name
  • your position in the company (owner, manager, tenant etc)
  • the name of your business
  • the address of the business
  • the postcode for your business address
  • your telephone number

We will then send you a form for you to sign. This form is a written request for our service.

We will also send you:

  • a list of our charges
  • information on our commercial recycling services
  • information on the materials we can collect from you
  • the terms and conditions of our agreement

When you return the signed form we will send you a ‘duty of care waste transfer note’. This is a legal document to show that you will be transferring waste to us and that we are authorised to receive it from you.

You will need to fill in the relevant sections of the transfer note, providing your details and details of the waste you expect to produce. If you sign and return all three copies of this document and we will sign and return a copy for your records.

If you use our service we can provide you with wheelie bins for the storage and collection of your commercial waste and this is normally the best option. If you have no room to store a wheelie bin you have the option to use our commercial waste bags. These bags are beige in colour and are clearly marked with both the Council logo and their intended purpose.

We collect commercial waste once a week. If you produce more waste in a week than you can fit into the largest wheelie bin (the 1100 litre) we can supply more than one bin. Our commercial waste collections are normally made on the same day as the household waste collections for your area.

You will need to make sure you have sufficient capacity (bins or commercial waste bags) for your waste. You must be able to close the lid on your bin and we will not collect additional waste in black bags.

In addition to our waste collection service we also provide a comprehensive recycling service for commercial waste.

If you live in a flat or house attached to your trade premises we will collect your household waste free of charge but you cannot put any of your commercial waste in with your household waste.

You cannot take commercial waste to our Community Recycling Centres (formerly known as civic amenity sites). These sites are only licensed to accept household waste.

If you chose to use an alternative service you will need to be sure that any private contractor is properly registered and gives you the appropriate documentation. All legitimate waste collection contractors are licensed and registered as waste carriers by the Environment Agency.

To make sure a collection contractor is a registered waste carrier you can contact the Environment Agency on 08708 506506 and request an instant Waste Carrier Validation Check.

Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.