Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council is seeking to appoint a Lay Member to its Audit Committee in accordance with the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011.
The role of the Audit Committee involves the following functions:
- Review and challenge the Authority’s financial affairs;
- Make reports and recommendations in relation to the Authority’s financial affairs;
- Review and access the risk management, internal control and corporate governance arrangements of the Authority;
- Make reports and recommendations to the Authority on the adequacy and effectiveness of those arrangements;
- Oversee the Authority’s internal and external audit arrangements; and
- Review the financial statements prepared by the Authority.
Applicants for the position of Lay Member on the Audit Committee must be independent of politics and must:
- Recognise and understand the value of the audit function;
- Have no business connections with the council;
- Have an understanding of local government; and
- Have the ability to meet the time commitment involved.
The above posts are entitled to receive a daily allowance rate of £198 (£99 for ½ day) for preparation, travelling and attendance at meetings.
Application forms and further details can be obtained from Mr C Hanagan, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council, County Borough Council Offices, The Pavilions, Cambrian Park, Clydach Vale, CF40 2XX – Telephone (01443 424045) or email email@example.com.
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council is striving towards Equality of Opportunity.
Applicants are welcome from all sectors of the community.
Completed application forms should be returned by no later than 25th March 2020.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.