How we use your personal information for Covid-19 Social Care Worker Recognition Payment Scheme purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Covid-19 Social care Worker Recognition Payment Scheme purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do.
As a result of the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, Welsh Government have announced a number of payment schemes to recognise the hard work and commitment of social care staff who have been supporting people during the pandemic.
The Councils Community & Childrens Services Accountancy team are administering these payments on behalf of Welsh Government and are working closely with all eligible employers to ensure that staff have access to the scheme.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We will hold information about you, as the employee of a care provider and who is entitled to this payment
The types of Information we hold and process will typically include:
- National Insurance Number
- Employers Name
3. Where does the service get my information from?
We will receive your information from your employer, as they would have identified you as being entitled to the payment and have provided you with a declaration form that you have signed, authorising them to pass your information to the Council to process your claim.
4. What will we do with your personal information?
The Council are responsible for:
- Managing the operational delivery ofthe scheme on behalf of the Welsh Government
- Contacting care providers, agencies and those employing Personal Assistants to make them aware of the scheme
- Issuing declaration forms to your Employer, for you to sign to agree ro your information being shared with us
- Gather and collate the claims for employers
- Check for duplicate claims using national insurance number
- Pay claims to Employers
- Ensure appropriate measures are in place to minimise the risk of fraud or losses.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
The legal basis for processing your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
- Article 6 (1)(e) – Task carried out in the public interest of un the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
This is supported by the following;
Welsh Government COVID-19 NHS and Social Care Financial Recognition Scheme.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Yes, we will share your data with the following;
- Internal Council departments, such as HR and Payroll
- External Government Agencies including but not limited, to her Majesty's Revenues & Customs (HMRC) and Department of Wroks & Pensions (DWP)
- DAta Cymru and Wales NHS Shared services to undertake checks that no duplicate payments have been made.
7. How long will my information be kept?
Your information will be kept for up to 5 years
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
Click here for further information on your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information, please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : SSPES@RCTCBC.GOV.UK
By telephone: 01443 425005
In writing: Community & Childrens Services Accountancy Team, Bronwydd House, Porth, Rhonnda CF39 9DL