How we use your personal information for Assisted Car Loan Scheme purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for assisted car loan purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do.
As a Council, we provide loans to employees to help them purchase motor vehicles in order to carry out their duties associated with their contract of employment and we continue to receive income against these loans under the terms of the legal agreements that are in place.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about past and present employees who have been provided with loans by the Council.
The types of information we hold and process will typically include:
- Contact details, including name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- Salary and payroll details.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
- Information provided directly by you the data subject e.g. on making your application
- Information provided by members of the public e.g. complaint or concern
- Information generated by the service
- Information from other Council Services
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We will use this personal information to administer and recover loan payments.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
The legal basis for our use of your personal information will generally be one or more of the following:
a) we need to process your personal information to satisfy our legal obligations as the Administering Authority of the legal agreement.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
From time to time, we will share your personal information with advisers and service providers so that they can help us carry out our duties, rights and discretions in relation to assisted car loans. These may include:
Other Council Departments:
- Payroll – to verify that the annual mileage threshold is met and to deduct payments from salary
- Creditors – to issue payment via cheque or direct payment
Trusted third party suppliers and organisations who provide services on our behalf:
- Software provider – (currently Result Software Ltd) to maintain our assisted car loan system.
Where you have asked us to issue a payment direct to a car dealership, we will liaise with the dealership and only share the minimum required information.
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as the loan remains undischarged to administer the loan and to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive about this, unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period.
8. Your information, your rights
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : email@example.com
By telephone : 01443 680321
In writing : Financial Services Division, Ty Bronwydd, Porth, CF39 9DL
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.