Skip to main content
Home>Council>EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme

If you are an EU citizen, you and your family members can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue to live, work and study in the UK.


  • To apply, you need to be an EU citizen or a non-EU family member of an EU citizen. This includes those with a UK permanent residence document.

  • You do not need to apply if you have indefinite leave to remain or enter, or you are an Irish citizen, but you can if you want to.

  • The online application checks three basic principles: identity,UK residence and criminality.

View further help and advice...

View how to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. It is free to apply.
Get support if you need help to complete your application.
View advice on how you can verify your identification to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme.


A to Z of Services