The Council is required, under the Wales Specific Equality Duties, to report annually on how it has met the General Equality Duty, as set out in the Equality Act 2010.
The document that can be downloaded on this page contains the information required in order for the Council to meet these duties.
The Public Sector Equality Duty requires that all public authorities covered under the specific duties in Wales should produce an annual equality report by 31 March each year.
What the regulations require:
The annual report for 2017/18 must set out:
- The steps the authority has taken to identify and collect relevant information
- How the authority has used this information in meeting the three aims of the general duty
- Any reasons for not collecting relevant information
- A statement on the effectiveness of the authority’s arrangements for identifying and collecting relevant information
- Specified employment information, including information on training
- Progress towards fulfilling each of the authority’s equality objectives
- A statement on the effectiveness of the steps that the authority has taken to fulfil each of its equality objectives.
For the full details of the report, please view the Annual Equality Report (pdf).
If you would like more information on the Scheme or would like a copy of the Scheme in an alternative format or language please contact the Equality and Diversity Team on 01443 444531 or e mail email@example.com.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.