The Cwm Taf Public Services Board
is a collection of public bodies working together to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of people who live, work and visit the Cwm Taf areas of Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil.
The Board’s aims are to :
- improve the quality of life and outcomes for citizens of Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil, the Cwm Taf area;
- provide proactive, collective leadership in tackling the most challenging issues facing public services in the planning, commissioning and delivery of services to the citizens of Cwm Taf
- stimulate dialogue, co-ordination and co-operation between local, regional and national public sector organisations to improve and integrate service delivery for the citizen;
- remove “blockages” or other obstacles by minimising bureaucracy and the preventative effectiveness of organisational boundaries;
- celebrate success in the delivery of services for citizens of Cwm Taf;
- consider ‘best value’ and prudency in the expenditure of public service resources and to explore areas where collaborations/ integration would provide greater efficiencies and improved outcomes; and
- involve citizens in influencing how we deliver public services
Over the last twelve months the Cwm Taf Public Service Board has been talking with people and communities across Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil about what matters most to them. The consultation findings have now been made available.
In May 2018, the Cwm Taf PSB published well-being objectives in the Cwm Taf Well-being Plan which all partners will work together to deliver. The four objectives are:
Cross Cutting Objective: Tackling Loneliness and Isolation
Objective 1: Thriving Communities
Objective 2: Healthy People
Objective 3: Strong Economy
The Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 sets out seven national Well-being Goals for which all Public Bodies MUST work together to achieve:
- A Prosperous Wales
- A Resilient Wales
- A Healthier Wales
- A More Equal Wales
- A Wales of Cohesive Communities
- A Wales of Vibrant Culture and Thriving Welsh Language
- A Globally Responsible Wales
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.