The Council is playing its part to tackle Climate Change and has set out its targets and commitments in its Tackling Climate Change Strategy 2022-25 – Think Climate RCT.
‘Think Climate RCT’ sets out how we will be reducing the carbon emissions within the Council and by working alone and with partners, how we will support and influence residents, communities and businesses in the County Borough to reduce theirs. By delivering key projects for example transport and generating green energy and leading by example, we aim to make it easier for our residents, schools, communities, visitors and businesses to make zero or low carbon choices.
- RCT will be a carbon neutral Council
- the County Borough will be as close to carbon neutral as possible.
- We will have contributed to meeting the Welsh Government’s ambition of a Net Zero public sector
Here's a short video about how we are tackling Climate Change in Rhondda Cynon Taf
How We Can All Play Our Part
People and communities are doing great work in the County Borough including re-using and recycling, local litter picks; growing and sharing fresh fruit and vegetables and planting bee-friendly plants in their garden but we all need to do more. Many people taking small steps together, can make a BIG difference, such as
- Using our cars less and walking, cycling or taking public transport more.
- Shopping locally, using less single use plastics and buying less ‘fast fashion’.
- Using less energy in our homes and work.
- Making sure our homes are more energy efficient and using renewable energy where we can.
- Looking after our natural environment.
- Eating more plant-based meals.
You can view more tips on how to be climate friendly by clicking here.
Find Out More