What happens next?
Within 4 weeks of signing up you will receive a set of purple incontinence pad recycling bags. You will also receive information on how to use the scheme and confirmation of your collection day. Your collection day may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
How to recycle your incontinence pads?
Simply pop each used/soiled incontinence pad into the purple bag. On your allocated collection day, put your tied bags, at your usual bin collection point for collection.
Please note the following -
- Incontinence pads cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must join the scheme for collections to begin.
- If your bag (s) have not been collected it is likely that you are not registered for the scheme and you will need to join on (link above)
- Current collection days are subject to change as the scheme increases – you will be notified of any changes to your collection day
- Please do not overfill your purple bags, two bags may be used, if required
- Please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection
- Only incontinence pads and wet wipes should be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected.
- If your bags are not out for collection for more than 4 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service.
- Please take your incontinent recycling bags with you if you are moving and notify us of your change of address.
- Please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection.
- Please ensure your bags are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection.
- Addresses will be removed from the scheme after 3 years. Customers will have to re-register after 3 years to remain on the scheme.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.