Skip to main content

Land - Transfer opportunities

If you have an innovative proposal to use Council Land to enhance the look of your local community or provide services or engagement opportunities that can contribute to supporting the priorities of People, Places and Prosperity then please contact the RCT Together team on or 01443 425368 to discuss your proposal.
Image 1
Image 3
Image 2

If you have a proposal to use Council Land for the delivery of community services or activities then we have three routes that groups can go down to progress discussions;

  1. Large community land transfer proposals eg. this may be where plans include development of community buildings or facilities or include a large geographical area of land – this is a 2 stage approach involving the submission of an “Expression of Interest Form” initially and then a costed and evidenced Business Plan showing that your proposal meets community needs and is both viable and sustainable. Complete the “Expression of Interest Form” to register any initial proposals you have.
  2. Proposals for community use/management of Leisure Land for community benefit
    Complete the attached Application to use Leisure Land for Community Use
  3. Small Community Gardening or Food Growing Project – these could potentially be smaller community projects that are quicker to start up due to reduced funding requirements.  This requires a more simple application form.  See process details below

    If you are specifically looking to use Council land for community gardening or food growing projects, please complete the attached application form and email to the RCT Together team on  As staff are currently working from home, please do not return completed form to any Council Offices.

    The process:
  • Once the form is received it will be reviewed by the corporate estates case worker having regard to various issues for example: the councils title deeds and council department comments/advice 
  • A letter will then be sent to you either listing the council’s requirements for the use of the area by you to go ahead or explaining that the council cannot proceed in this case
  • If you are offered the use of the land, the letter will ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed on  that basis
  • Once your acceptance is received, the council will create a formal agreement for you to sign and you will be able to use the area from that time
  • At this point there will be a fee of £60 to cover the council’s costs

    To apply please fill in the Application to use Council land for the purpose of gardening only

View current land transfer opportunities:

If you require any further information or support to progress your proposals, please contact the Councils Community Development Team on or telephone the area Development Officers listed below who will be able to advise, support and/or signpost you to appropriate support agencies if required.  

Contact Details


Development Officer

Contact Number

RCT Wide

Debra Hanney - Senior Community Development Officer

07880 044520


Stephen Smith

07786 523656


Alice Holloway

07385 370198


Clair Ruddock

07786 523652

Transfer Opportunities
Land Address Site Photo Site aerial map Description/NotesOpening DateClosing Date

Mid Rhondda Playing Fields

Gelli Rd, Tonypandy, RCT,
CF40 1DB


UPRN 90413

mid Rhondda playing fields site photo