Built in 1913, in a style similar to Henry Hare’s Municipal Buildings of 1904, the large three-storey Grade II listed building has housed the Registry Office for over a century.
Located in the area of Pontypridd known as the Graig, above the railway station and the large Sardis Road car park. The area also contains the magistrates court, hospital and many offices. The building is within touching distance of all Pontypridd town centre amenities and has excellent public transport links. Pontypridd itself is the key market and primary town of Rhondda Cynon Taf and lies 10m North of Cardiff and 7m from the M4.
The former Registry Office is located on a steeply sloping site
comprises a detached, 3 storey irregular shaped building of
traditional stone construction under a pitched or hipped slate
roof in the main. The property is bound at the rear by a large
embankment, to the east by the Masonic hall and to the west
by the Former Registry Office having a chain link fence to the
rear and western elevations. Thirty Six off-road car parking
spaces, are provided to the rear as Court House Street has
limited, restricted on road parking.
Internally, the property which is fully carpeted has been
subdivided into compartmentalised and open plan offices /
meeting rooms on the lower ground, ground, first, second
and third floors.