Santa Claus is going on tour and will be making a stop at each of our Leisure for Life centres - bringing his sleigh, grotto and maybe even a dusting of snow with him.
The events are open to everyone, with children able to meet the man himself, share their Christmas wish lists with him and receive a gift.
Hot drinks will be on sale for the adults and you can also choose to have your visit photographed and have the pictures emailed to you.
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council's Leisure for Life service is proud to be at the heart of the county boroughs communities and its centres are places where many young residents will swim for the very first time and go on to develop their sporting skills and talents.
Classes such as Junior Learn to Swim and Rookie Lifeguards are hugely popular, with hundreds of RCT children attending the classes each week.
Many more parents and carers are visitors to the centres, taking advantage of the gym and indoor sports facilities and fitness classes.
As a service used by people from all walks of life, Leisure for Life was keen to celebrate the festive season with the very communities it supports.
There are some families for which a visit to Cardiff or other city centre festive attraction would be too expensive.
So they decided to create their own winter wonderland, invite Father Christmas to visit and keep costs at a bare minimum, so as many children as possible can get to meet the man in red before the big day.
Santa's Tour of Leisure for Life starts in Tonyrefail Leisure Centre on Monday, December 9 from 4pm to 7pm.
He will then visit:
- Llantrisant Leisure Centre on Tuesday, December 10 from 4pm to 7pm
- Abercynon Sports Centre from 4pm to 8pm on Wednesday, December 11.
- Rhondda Fach Sports Centre from 4pm to 7pm on Thursday, December 12.
- Bronwydd Swimming Pool from 9.30am to 12pm on Saturday, December 14.
- Llantwit Fardre Leisure Centre from 11am to 2pm on Sunday, December 15.
- Hawthorn Leisure Centre from 4pm to 7pm on Monday, December 16
- Sobell Leisure Centre from 4pm to 7pm on Tuesday, December 17.
- Rhondda Sports Centre from 4pm to 7pm on Wednesday, December 18.
Entry to the grotto, which includes a gift for each child, is £2 and digital pictures taken can be emailed to you for an additional £1.
Posted on Tuesday 3rd December 2019