Have you considered a career in Childminding?
A rewarding and flexible career choice
Rhondda Cynon Taf (RCT) County Borough Council Childcare Team are here to support you to set up your new childminding business. If you would like an informal discussion the team would love to hear from you.
What is a childminder?
As a childminder you work in your own home, caring for other people’s children.
If you enjoy caring for children and feel that you could support their ongoing development this may be the ideal career choice for you.
Is this the right career choice for me?
To be a successful childminder the following qualities will set you up on your journey towards a successful career:
- Be flexible
- Be adaptive
- Enjoy working with children
- Be committed to providing quality care
- Have a drive and passion to run your own business
- Believe that all children deserve the best quality experiences and a great start in life
- Be passionate about children’s development and offer support to children and their families
What the RCT Childcare team could offer you to start your career in childminding:
- Funded opportunities to complete a pre-registration childminding course
- Ongoing support and advice
- Support to complete your registration with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
- Free membership and public liability insurance for one year to the Professional Association For Childcare and Early Years (PACEY)
- Funded training such as Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Safety
- Start up packs including tools of the trade (PACEY)
- Small start-up grants for resources for your new Childminding setting
For further information or an informal discussion please contact:
A member of our team would be happy to discuss any questions or queries.
We look forward to hearing from you.