Rhondda Cynon Taf Council was one of the first local authorities in Wales to be selected by the Welsh Government to deliver Families First
, as part of the wider national approach to tackling child poverty.
Families First promotes the development of effective, coordinated multi-agency work focussed on families, with a clear emphasis on early intervention and prevention to avoid statutory intervention.
Every one needs a helping hand in their lives every once in a while and Families First is about working with people and their children to help deal with issues before they become a problem or, worse, a crisis and will do this by working with your family to help you look at what is working and help you decide what help you may need for your family to thrive
Families First identifies the needs of a family as a whole - as well as the individual issues faced by the people who form that family unit - wrapping bespoke care, support and assistance around that family to secure positive outcomes.
The services provided through the programme take account of the following principles:
- Family focused – services which look at the needs of the whole family rather than the needs of individual family members.
- Bespoke – services tailored to meet your family’s specific needs.
- Empowering – services which empower your family to take control of your lives.
- Integrated – services which work together to help you in a coordinated way.
- Intensive – support which is focussed but also flexible enough to adapt to your families changing circumstances.
- Local – services designed to address the needs of the local community.
- Pro-active – it is important your needs are identified as early as possible so support can be provided to you in a timely way.
- Sustainable – support which deals with the root cause of problems to enable your family to continue to make progress after support has ended.
As well as the main Team Around the Family approach, Families First in Rhondda Cynon Taf also commissions and supports a range of schemes and initiatives to assist families and if Families First does not meet your needs we may be able to signpost you to another service.
For more information, please contact the Family Information Service.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.