In accordance with the Surveillance Camera Commissioner Code of Practice (June 2013) the following information is available
- The CCTV system is operated in accordance with the Scheme Objectives and under guidance made by the Information Commissioners Office, and the Office of the Surveillance Camera Commissioner. Relevant legislative controls can be found within the Data Protection Act 2018, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Private Security Industry Act 2001 and the Protection of Freedom Act 2012
- The Public Open Space system is considered to be proportionate and necessary for the locations in which cameras are situated. The extent of the system is subject to annual review to ensure compliance with the scheme objectives and the European Convention on Human Rights, including an assessment of continuing need
- The system does not employ audio recordings, high definition cameras, facial recognition software or automatic number plate recognition software
- The system, and procedures used in its operation, are accredited to National Security Inspectorate
- Access to the Control Room is restricted to Security Industry Association Licensed operators, senior management and specialist contractors. Visits by organized groups with and interest in crime and disorder are welcomed, by prior appointment
- RCT acts as Data Controller for the system. . All requests for images, other than section 29 requests, are authorised by the Scheme Manager under strict controls.
All cameras are clearly signed to indicate that images are being recorded for the purposes of crime prevention and community safety.
Should you need to contact the system manager for further information call on 01443 494876
Should you wish to make a complaint about the Public Open Space CCTV system please contact the System manager.
You can also view our full CCTV POLICY DOC online
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.