The Welsh Government have launched this grant to provide financial assistance to freelancers in the cultural and creative sectors that are facing financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Freelancer Fund Phase 2 is open to applications from 19th October 2020.
The Freelancer Grant was always planned to be delivered over 2 phases to allow those freelancers who needed more time to be apply to be able to do so. The length of time phase 2 is open will be dependent on the number of applications received by each Local Authority. If you do not have the facilities to complete this application or would like to complete the form in a different format please call the Business Wales helpline on 0300 060 3000.or visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us
The purpose of the grant is to support freelancers in the cultural and creative sectors facing financial challenges in the period from April 2020 - March 2021. The grant seeks to complement other COVID-19 response measures to support organisations and businesses in Wales as part of the Cultural Recovery Fund.
The eligibility criteria for the grant is as follows:
- Facing financial challenges in the period from April 2020 - March 2021;
- Freelancer professionals whose work has direct creative/cultural outcomes, who work in the four key sub sectors ;
- The Arts
- Creative Industries
- Arts and Heritage Events
- Culture and Heritage
- You must be operating in Wales;
- You must be based within the local authority you are applying to.
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- You have recently received funding from the Start-Up Grant launched in June 2020 to help new businesses survive the economic consequences of coronavirus (Covid-19);
- You are a freelancer who works in the sport sector.
This funding is specifically for creative/cultural subsectors and roles that have been forced to cease work and/or face difficultly restarting because of the impact of Covid-19 restrictions.Those in roles that have been able to continue at previous or near previous levels of activity (e.g. architects, graphic designers, games designers etc.) with or without support should not apply.
For further information on this grant please;
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.