The Job Support Scheme will start on 1 November and will replace the furlough scheme which ends on 31 October.
- Businesses that are operating but facing decreased demand can get support for wages through JSS Open.
- Those businesses that are legally required to close their premises as a direct result of coronavirus restrictions set by one or more of the four governments of the UK can get the support they need through JSS Closed.
- It will be open to employers across the UK even if they have not previously used the furlough scheme.
- The scheme will run for six months starting in November
- Companies who use the Scheme can also still claim the Job Retention Bonus, where the Government pays £1,000 for every furlough employee who comes back to work, until at least the end of January 2021.
You can find more information about the Job Support Scheme on GOV.UK
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.