This page outlines the domestic abuse support services which are currently available to local people.
What is domestic abuse?
It can be defined as: “Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.”
IF YOU ARE AT IMMEDIATE RISK OF HARM DUE TO DOMESTIC ABUSE PLEASE DIAL 999.
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Oasis Centre:
This service provides support to male and female victims of domestic abuse, who are aged 16 or over.
- Answerphone Advice Service (24-hour) – 01443 494190
- For those in urgent need of support (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) – 07795 391674 / 07867 373200.
- Email: PontypriddSafetyUnit@rctcbc.gov.uk
Live Fear Free:
This campaign seeks to end violence against women/domestic abuse sexual violence.
RCT Domestic Abuse Services:
This Rhondda Cynon Taf-based group provides support to female victims of domestic abuse, aged 16 or over.
- Call the Live Fear Free 24-hr helpline above (0808 80 10 800) to be directed to the Women’s Aid RCT Team.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the following sites for further information: