ALL recycling and black bag/bin kerbside collections are currently operating as normal, including green waste.
- Dry Mixed recycling – Weekly
- Food Waste – Weekly
- Nappy collections – Weekly
- Green waste - Weekly
- Black bag/wheelie bins - Fortnightly
In the event of staff illness and to effectively manage staff resources during this time there may be some disruption to service. If the service is disrupted at these times please be patient and we will endeavour to rearrange collections when conditions improve.
Please DON’T put ANY wipes (cleaning or personal) or tissues in to your recycling bags, as these CAN’T be recycled. These should be placed inside your black bag/bin waste.
The green waste recycling, collection service has been reinstated. This service will run for as long as possible, but as with all recycling and waste services at this time, there may be some disruption. Please leave items at the kerbside and we’ll collect asap.
Disposing of waste if you contract Coronovirus
If a resident is suffering from Coronovirus, please dispose of your waste in the following way:
- Please be reminded that tissues, kitchen roll or toilet paper used to blow nose etc should be disposed of in your BLACK BAGS only.
- Put used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in to a black bag(s). Then put the bag into a second bag, tie it securely and keep separate from other waste. Wait 72 hours before putting it in to your outside bin/out for collection.
- DO NOT place these items in your recycling bags as they cannot be recycled and could also expose Council staff undertaking collections to the virus.
Recycling Bags and Food Waste Bin Requests
The Council will continue to deliver recycling bags to ALL the distribution points that are still open. This includes a number of local corner shops/post offices - you can view the full distribution point list here (subject to them being open).
Please Note: The ordering of recycling bags either via the call centre or online is temporarily suspended. This will allow Waste to divert all available resources to maintain weekly collections for as long as possible.
Recycling bags will be available from the following locations:
Recycling bags are available to pick up at the below supermarkets and will be located at the entrance of each store so people can pick up quickly and leave.
Please can residents be responsible and only take what they need and avoid over-stocking, limits may apply at some locations.
| Taff Area
|| Rhondda Area
|| Cynon Area
- Tesco, Upper Boat
- Tesco, Talbot Green,
- Sainsburys, Pontypridd
- Aldi, Porth,
- Lidl, Tylorstown
- Lidl, Treorchy,
- Asda, Tonypandy
- Tesco, Aberdare
- Asda, Cwmbach
- Lidl, Aberdare
- Purple bags for registered customers can continue to be made online, as normal.
- Food waste bins can continue to be ordered online, as normal.
Community Recycling Centres
ALL CRCs are now closed to the public.
'The Shed' reuse shops at Llantrisant and Treherbert are CLOSED until further notice.
The decision to close these facilities is due to staff reductions and also to follow national guidance relating to social distancing and to avoid gatherings.
We would ask residents, that where possible they keep green waste and other materials such as wood, scrap metal, mattresses, paints, rubble, clothes, furniture for disposal until after this national emergency is over and the Community Recycling Centres and collections return to normal service.
Please do not fly-tip these items, anyone caught doing so, WILL face enforcement action.
Bulky Item Collection and Replacement Wheelie Bins
Bulky waste collections and new/replacement wheelie bins are suspended until further notice. Any that have already been booked in will be collected/delivered.
The Council’s Community SORT sites will no longer be serviced. Residents are therefore advised to use kerbside collections as much as possible
Trade Waste Customers
- Trade waste will continue to be collected as normal and trade waste bags can be ordered online as normal.
- The Council will be reducing the number of skips it collects from trade waste customers. Customers who will be effected by the reduced collections, will be informed.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.