Under Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council, as the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA), have a duty to investigate and publish reports on flood events that occur within its area to the extent that it considers it necessary or appropriate.
Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 provides that:
1. On becoming aware of a flood in its area, a lead local flood authority must, to the extent that it considers it necessary or appropriate, investigate:
(a) which risk management authorities have relevant flood risk management functions, and
(b) whether each of those risk management authorities (RMAs) has exercised, or is proposing to exercise, those functions in response to the flood.
2. Where an authority carries out an investigation under subsection (1) it must:
(a) publish the results of its investigation, and
(b) notify any relevant risk management authorities.
The flood investigation reports include:
- Background information on location of flooding
- Summary of rainfall event
- Information on the extent of flooding
- Investigation findings
- The roles and responsibilities of each RMA and the action taken or proposed by those RMAs
- Recommended actions following the investigation
Flood Investigation Downloads