Role of the Service:
Working closely with the other Service areas, ALNAS provides an efficient and effective administrative service to schools, parents, pupils and other professionals in respect of pupils with special educational needs.
The Service is organised on a school/locality basis with all schools allocated a named officer.
Key Services offered include:
- Representing the Authority at meetings with outside agencies
- Producing statistical data required by internal and external agencies
- Liaison with schools both in and out of county regarding new admissions
- Liaison with other local authorities in respect of recoupment
- Maintenance and development of a central database and software tool for learners with ALN
- Co-ordination of the administration associated with the statutory assessment process, ensuring statutory deadlines are complied with.
- Administering the annual review process for all pupils with statements or notes in lieu.
- Primary point of contact for parents, schools and other professionals regarding pupils undergoing statutory assessment or review.
- Provision of information on Parent Partnership Services
- Administering all placements Panels, via referrals from other Service areas
- Liaison with Integrated Transport Unit regarding SEN home to school policy and implementation
- Liaison with Education Finance regarding funding of specialist provision within RCT and out of county placements
- Communication and implementation of all panel decisions to parents, schools and all professionals
- Co-ordination of arrangements for admission of pupils into specialist provision, including home to school transport, if appropriate
- Attendance at statutory annual reviews, as appropriate