The Rhondda Cynon Taf Governor’s Association (RCTGA) is open to all school governors within Rhondda Cynon Taf. Each Governing Body nominates and RCTGA representative.
An Executive Committee, comprising of no more than 15 governors, is responsible for the general management of the Association. Executive Committee Members are elected biennially and include representatives from all sectors.
View the Rhondda Cynon Taf Governor's Association Constitution
The RCTGA aims to:
- Be an independent forum for School Governing Bodies in Rhondda Cynon Taf;
- Promote best practice in governance in schools within Rhondda Cynon Taf;
- Provide regular information to Governing Bodies on the work of the Association and to encourage Governing Bodies to bring matters of common concern before the Association for discussion;
- Support working partnerships between various bodies including the LA,teacher organisations, parents, Central South Consortium and Governors Wales;
- Promote school to school support and Governing Body to Governing Body support;
- Disseminate relevant information to Governing Bodies in Rhondda Cynon Taf;
- Be a consultative forum representing Governing Bodies in RCT; and
- Scrutinize strategies and policies relevant to schools and Governing Bodies, where appropriate.
The Executive publishes a quarterly newsletter to keep Governors up to date with the work of the Association.
- Meeting - 26/04/2018 (will be link - example text)
- Meeting - 26/03/2018
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.