The free breakfast club initiative is aimed at providing primary school pupils with the opportunity of receiving a free, healthy breakfast at school each day.
Covid19: Breakfast club - Spring Term Applications
Covering the period January 4 - March 26, 2021.
- Applications will open at 7am on Friday, November 27. Places will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis.
- Places will be limited to ensure pupil contact groups, social distancing and effective hygiene measures can be maintained. Due to restrictions, please only apply if your child needs a healthy breakfast before school.
- You will be notified on completion of the form if your application is either successful or unsuccessful.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be placed on a reserve list and non-attendance will result in places being reallocated.
- Please note that prioritisation cannot be given to previously unsuccessful applicants, vulnerable groups or key workers as breakfast club provision is intended to provide a healthy breakfast for all learners.
Launch the application form: Breakfast Club Application Form
Free breakfast in primary schools is an integral part of our wider work to improve food and nutrition in schools and ensure all children are treated equally.
Benefits of a pupil having a good breakfast in the morning:
- Increases pupil's concentration and behaviour in school
- Offers supervised play and social time in the morning
- Prepares pupils for the day ahead
- Improves punctuality and attendance
- Useful for parents who need to start work early.
Timings of Breakfast Clubs vary from school to school, but typically run from 8.10am to 9am.
All children who attend will receive toast & fruit juice, with supervised playtime, before being taken to class.
We can also provide for allergies and special diets.
For more information please contact the Catering Services Team on 01443 281141.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.