Welsh Government has recently announced the availability of a new Pupil Development Grant (PDG) Access.
The grant is available to pupils who are eligible for free school meals or are looked after and are entering:
- reception class of maintained primary schools in September 2018;
- year 7 of maintained secondary schools in September 2018; or
- pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units who are aged 4 or aged 11 in September 2018.
Under the terms of the grant, funding of £125 is available to purchase items such as:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags or stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology;
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips such as waterproofs for outdoor learning.
IT equipment such as mobile phones and ipads are excluded from this funding.
Alternatively, if parents or carers are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit, telephone applications can be made by contacting 01443 680363.
Please contact your child’s school for further information on your eligibility and how to access the grant.
Please note that parents and carers of eligible pupils entering year 7 in September 2018 may have already received funding under this scheme.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.