Following consultation with residents, on 1st October 2017 the Council introduced a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) enforcing new dog fouling rules in the County Borough which are now effective.
The Order says that:
- Dog owners MUST clean up their dogs’ mess immediately and dispose of it properly.
- Dog owners MUST carry means to pick up dog mess (i.e. bags) at all times.
- Dog owners MUST follow a direction from an authorised officer to put a dog on a lead.
- Dogs are BANNED from all schools, children’s play areas and marked pitches maintained by the Council.
- Dogs MUST be kept on a lead at all times in Council maintained cemeteries.
Pay your Dog Fouling, or Dogs on Restricted Areas fines