For up to date Covid 19 emergency timetables and information;
Due to the continually changing nature of the current situation in response to Covid 19, there are significant changes to bus and rail services.
From 20 December you should only use public transport in Wales if your journey is essential. Only use public transport for essential purposes which includes travel to work, education, shopping, medical needs or to provide essential care. Please think carefully about the journeys you make and travelling to areas where coronavirus rates are high.
In line with Welsh Government’s travel advice it is now mandatory to wear a 3 layer face covering when using all public transport including taxis within Wales, unless you are aged under 12 or have certain medical conditions. A full list of exemptions can be found at https://gov.wales/requirement-wear-face-covering-public-transport-wales Whilst face coverings may help provide some control of the virus in specific circumstances, they do not replace the need for physical distancing, washing your hands or using hand sanitiser regularly.
If you need to travel by public transport, remember to stay 2 metres apart and try to travel at off-peak times (between 0900 – 1600). Please be aware, due to physical distancing measures there is reduced capacity on public transport and travel may take longer than normal so please allow extra time for your journey, especially if you need to make connections.
The Welsh Government's PublicTransport Information Service provides times and route information about all bus, coach, rail, ferry and air services in Wales.
- Call: 0800 464 0000 (Calls can be made in English or Welsh between 7.00am and 8.00pm every day).
Traveline Cymru provides times and route information about all bus, coach, rail, ferry and air services in Wales.
- Text: 84268 (You will need to enter the unique 7 letter bus stop code (which can be found at the bus stop or on the Traveline Cymru website) to 84268. You will then receive a reply via text showing the times, the service number and destination of up to the next four buses due at that particular stop).
- Online at www.traveline.cymru
Transport for walesalso operate in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- Call: 0333 3211 202 (Calls can be made 8am to 8pm Mondays to Saturdays and 11am to 8pm on Sundays)
- Online at Transport for wales
National Rail Enquiries will allow you to search and book for National rail journeys.