You must renew your HMO Licence online.
When should I renew my HMO Licence?
You should renew your licence before the current licence expires, the cost of renewing your licence will be more expensive if you don’t. Licences can last for up to 5 years, please check your licence expiry date.
Who should apply to renew a HMO Licence?
Only the current licence holder can renew their HMO Licence.
What will the Council assess as part of the application?
HMO Licensing looks at both the HMO itself, the owner and any proposed manager.
The Authority will renew a licence if it is satisfied that:
- The HMO is still reasonably suitable for occupation by the number of people allowed under the licence
- The proposed licence holder is still regarded as a “fit and proper person”
- The proposed licence holder is still the most appropriate person to hold the licence
- The proposed manager (if there is one) is a “fit and proper person”
- The proposed management arrangements are still satisfactory
- The person involved in the management of the HMO is competent
- The financial structures for the management and maintenance of the property are still suitable
What will I need before I apply to renew my HMO Licence?
Before you make your online renewal application, please gather the following evidence:
- A list of all interested parties (names, addresses, description of their interest in the property/application and the date of service). You will need to inform these people of the application.
- Tenancy agreement / written statement of terms of occupancy
- A floor plan. This need not be to scale, but should indicate the use of all rooms and the presence of all fire precaution equipment. This can be hand drawn but a photo of the drawing will need to be uploaded to your application.
- A current landlord gas safety certificate (if applicable)
- A current Electrical Installation Condition report (certificates with code 1 or code 2 defects are not accepted as satisfactory.)
- Fire alarm installation/inspection and servicing report
- Emergency lighting period inspection and testing certificate (if applicable)
You will also need a credit or debit card to pay your renewal fee
Renew your HMO licence online
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.