Eligible businesses in Rhondda Cynon Taff can access a range of grants from financial investment programmes being supported by the UK Government’s Shared Prosperity Fund.
There are a range of grants on offer which aim to support local businesses to respond to and build resilience to the economic challenges they face. The programmes will help businesses set up, grow, and diversify, encouraging a vibrant and strong economy, regenerating town and retail centres, and encouraging a greater sense of pride in the local community.
A total of over £2 million is available to RCT businesses until March 2025.
Councillor Mark Norris, Rhondda Cynon Taff’s Cabinet Member for Development and Prosperity said:
‘I am delighted to see investment being directed to local businesses from the UK Governments Levelling Up Agenda. These grants provide a great sense of empowerment for local businesses to develop and grow. The past few years has been tough with lots of businesses folding or struggling due to pressures brought on by the pandemic. Local businesses help shape the physical fabric of our communities and this funding is very welcomed. In turn this investment will improve our local towns and villages, fostering a greater feeling of local pride.’
There are four capital grants on offer with brief details and eligibility outlined below:
Town Centre Minor Improvements Grant
- Supports small-scale improvements to the external front elevation of properties.
- The grant will support up to 75% of eligible costs with a maximum grant of £2,000.
- Town Centre traders and landlords are eligible to apply.
Business Growth Grant
- Supports Micro and SMEs to start up and existing enterprises to grow.
- The grant will support up to 75% of eligible costs with a maximum grant of £15,000.
Commercial Improvement Grant
- Support larger scale improvements (primarily external) to commercial buildings.
- The grant will support normally up to 50% of eligible project costs with a maximum grant of £50,000.
- Town or Retail Centre building owners or leaseholders are eligible.
Large Scale Property Improvement Grant
- Targets buildings with vacant floorspace in key town centres and other strategic locations to bring properties back into beneficial use.
- The grant will support normally up to 50% of eligible project costs with a maximum grant of £250,000.
- Building owners or leaseholders in town or retail centres and other strategic locations (strategic locations to be determined by the Council) are eligible.
For the full range of grants on offer, eligibility criteria and details of how to apply, view www.rctcbc.gov.uk/BusinessandThirdSectorGrants
Posted on 15/11/2023