If you or another person in your household suffers with a severe mental impairment, you may be exempt or eligible for a discount
The council tax regulations provide for a discount to be granted if there are less than two adults resident in a dwelling. In counting the number of adults any person who is certified as being severely mentally impaired by a doctor may be disregarded, provided that he or she is entitled to one of the qualifying benefits listed below;
- Incapacity Benefit
- Attendance Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (higher or middle rate care component)
- An increase in disablement pension (as constant attendance is needed)
- Disability Working Allowance
- Income Support (which must include a disability premium)
- Unemployability Supplement or Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment (standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Universal Credit (in circumstances where a person has a limited capability for work)
If you believe you may be entitled to a discount, please print off, complete and return the attached form or contact the Council on (01443) 425002 or via e-mail at- email@example.com
Sign the form and then take to your doctor where he or she will sign the form and hand it back or return it to you.
The signed form, along with proof of the qualifying benefit entitlement you receive, will then need to be forwarded to the council. You can do this by either sending directly to the council office address outlined on the form or by making an appointment to take it to your nearest ‘one4aLL’ service here.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the coronavirus (COVID19) national health emergency, ALL of our Centres have closed to the public in line with social distancing guidance. Therefore we are unable to make online appointments. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.