We provide a free service for the removal of dead animals from all roads, pavements or publicly accessible areas and we aim to remove any dead animal within one hour of it being reported to us. This service includes wild animals such as foxes as well as all breeds of domestic cats and dogs.
For livestock and larger animals such as farm animals, please contact our Public Health Department on 01443 425001.
Smaller animals such as squirrels, rabbits, hedgehogs and birds will be removed as part of our normal street cleansing operations.
We do not remove dead animals from private residences.
How do I report a dead animal in a public place?
Report a dead animal for removal from a public place online
Please give us as much information as possible when you contact us including ...
- the location of the animal (road name, nearby landmark etc.)
- the type of animal (please remember that if your report relates to farm animals you need to contact our Public Health Department on 01443 425001)
If you are contacting us to check if we have found your pet please supply us with the following information:
- the type of animal are you are reporting
- the colour of the animal
- any distinguishing marks or features the animal has
e.g. if it is a dog:
- the breed of dog.
- the type and colour of its collar
- if the collar has a name and or address / telephone number
The Service Director for Streetcare
Rhondda Cynon Taf Streetcare Services,
Ty Glantaf, Unit B23
Treforest Industrial Estate
Tel: 01443 425001
Fax: 01443 844310