Skip to main content

Special Educational Needs (SEN) Support

The term ‘special educational needs’ (SEN) refers to children who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn or access education than most children of the same age.

Many children will have SEN of some kind at some time during their education.

We strive to ensure all pupils have equal access to a high quality education in order to reach their full potential. Help will usually be provided in their ordinary, mainstream early education setting or school, sometimes with the help of outside specialists.

If your child has special educational needs, they may need extra help in a range of areas, for example:

  • schoolwork
  • reading, writing, number work or understanding information
  • expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
  • making friends or relating to adults
  • behaving properly in school
  • organising themselves
  • some kind of sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school

The Learning Support Service provides a wide range of specialist support for pupils identified with Special Education Needs. For more information contact us using the details below:

Contact us

Learning Support Service Education and Children’s Service Group

Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council,

Ty Trevithick


Mountain Ash

CF45 4UQ

Tel: 01443 744333