Rhondda Cynon Taf Council offer grants when funding allows, however, these schemes are discretionary and may have restricted eligibility.
Large Scale Property Improvement Grant
The aim of the Large Scale Property Improvement Grant is to target buildings with vacant floorspace in key town centres. Eligible works include all required building works to achieve the project objective, which needs to be agreed with the Council in advance of an application
- It can support the development of large vacant premises within our town centres.
- It can support vacant properties back into the market and create new commercial units.
- It will improve businesses energy efficiency supporting new development to reduce carbon emissions, reducing costs and improve sustainability.
- Vacant Commercial Premises – Can apply for up to £250,000 grant support to develop and bring the unit back into use.
- The Large Scale Property Improvement Grant has an Intervention Rate of 50% of eligible Project Costs (excluding VAT) up to £250,000.
Please note expenditure incurred before grant approval is not eligible for funding.
Who can apply?
- Are you a SME with fewer than 250 employees?
- Do you have either an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million (approximately £40 million) or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million (approximately £34 million)?
- Does your property sit within a town centre within the County Borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf?
How to apply
Please download and fill-in the form from the link below. You will need to save a copy on your computer and send it back to us as an attachment with your email.
Please complete the Expression of Interest form (pdf) or contact the Regeneration department on the contact details below.
An Expression of Interest form may be submitted in Welsh, and will not be treated any less favourable than an Expression of Interest form submitted in English.
* Please download and fill-in the form from the link below. You will need to save a copy on your computer and send it back to us as an attachment with your email.